WIELKOPOLSKA FOLK INSTRUMENTS
Educational coloring book "Wielkopolska folk instruments" is another publication by Piotr Kulka was created under the influence of the demand from school teachers, cultural school instructors, as well as children and youth with whom the author met during the trainings he led in many towns in Wielkopolska. It contains a collection of 12 photographs of Wielkopolska traditional instruments from many sub-regions of Wielkopolska:
- kozioł biały,
- kozioł czarny,
- skrzypce podwiązane,
- dudy wielkopolskie,
- sierszenki jednopęcherzowe,
- sierszenki dwupęcherzowe,
- sierszenki z dymką,
- piszczałka wierzbowe - pierdziel,
- basy kaliskie,
- bęben osznurowany.
These instruments have been described in terms of construction and place of occurrence. In order to bring the youngest generation closer to their characteristic structure, the publication contains illustrations of individual instruments by Agata Pospiech, which can be colored based on the pictures placed next to it. The location of individual instruments was presented to the youngest in the form of maps, to coloring, written by Paweł Zawadzki, made on the basis of literature. In addition, the publication presents the instrumental compositions of bands occurring in many subregions of Wielkopolska, using the above-mentioned instruments. These bands present themselves in costumes characteristic of places where they occur, including Szamotuły, Dąbrowiec, Biskupia, Tursko, and other regions. Readers will also have the opportunity to color the illustrations containing the image of bands in characteristic costumes based on the attached photos. The material included in the coloring book is used to popularize the music and dance culture of the Wielkopolska region, and its subject is helping to implement the program assumptions of cultural and educational institutions for learning about the cultural heritage of their region. It will undoubtedly help in teaching and instructor practice, and at the same time will allow to show the varied richness of musical folklore of Wielkopolska by showing traditional instruments and original instrumental compositions of bands. This type of publishing house, equipped with richly documented ethnographic and musicological sources, is always a good foundation for planned obligatory classes with students and meetings within the circle of interests. According to the new core curriculum, teachers are free to choose the content that matches the interests of children and young people, but there are indications and program suggestions that can not be ignored. As part of the elementary school, students should learn about "a small homeland" and in it, traditions and local culture. Therefore, it is extremely important to familiarize children with the culture of the region, not only with dances but also with music.
The educational colored book created thanks to the scholarship of the Marshal of the Wielkopolska Region in the field of culture, and the author would like to thank you in this regard:
- Director of the Provincial Public Library and the Center for Culture Animation in Poznań, Helena Bednarska, for the protection and promotion of the cultural heritage of Wielkopolska and for the publication of this publication.
- to Maciej Sierpinski, Directorate and Employees of MDM DRUK for printing a coloring book and for understanding and caring for the transmission of musical traditions in the region.
- for Mr Roman Krobski for the inspiration, development and computer composition of the coloring book, as well as for supporting educational activities in the field of musical folklore of Wielkopolska.
- Mr. Arkadiusz Jacewicz for taking the time to take photo shoots and to process photos in coloring book.
- Ms. Agata Pospiech for advice and original illustration of the pictures in the book.
- Mr Paweł Zawadzki for the idea and creation of maps of the occurrence of instruments.
- Director of the District Museum of the Kalisz Land, Sylwia Kucharska - for borrowing women's dresses from Kalisz and a lace-up drum;
- Directorates and Employees of the Regional Museum in Wągrowiec - for borrowing Pałuki costumes;
- Mrs. Zofii Dragan for help with the execution of the pierdziel
– Mr. Jan Galasiński for borrowing the girl's Dąbrowiec costume;
- Mr Piotr Górecki for borrowing the Wielkopolska bagpipes;
- Mr Romuald Jędraszak for borrowing a black goat, sierszenki and mazanki;
- Mr. Jerzy Kraszkiewicz for borrowing Tursk region costumes, Kalisz basses and for help with the cast in the castle;
- Mr. Tomasz Machałowski for borrowing the B clarinet;
- Mrs. Bronisława Matusiak for loaning a lace-up drum;
- Maciej Sierpinski for borrowing a woman's outfit from Szamotuły;
- Mr. Mikołaj Taberski for borrowing the ES clarinet and consultations in the field of musical folklore of the Zbąszyń Land;
- Mr Michał Umułaski for borrowing Chazy region costumes and Wielkopolska bagpipes;
- Mr. Wojciech Winiarz for loaning przyrostynia region costume;
- Mr Paweł Zawadzki for borrowing the violins and for help with the execution of the pierdziel.
- Dancers and Dancers from the Folkloristic Group "Wielkopolanie" and the Children's Folklore Group "Cepelia-Poznań" for their time, preparation of costumes and help in the implementation of photo sessions for coloring.